Cereal milling technologist backed by 40 years experience
Shamrock Milling Systems offers expert knowledge in the design, procurement, erection and commissioning of cereal milling plants.
As per exact requirements, we can supply complete new plants or a combination of new and used equipment.
We also offer consultation services across every aspect of milling engineering.
Projects to date:
- Over the past 20 years, we have built 16 large capacity maize mills and 4 wheat mills.
- In 2018, we built a Greenfield site, large capacity yellow grits milling plant.
- In 2019, we are currently upgrading a large capacity wheat mill with new packing facilities.
- We have a large compliment of used milling machines for sale, in stock at our Johannesburg workshop.
- Over the past 20 years we have been called upon to do valuations and technical assessments of a large number of milling plants.
- Built a state of the art small capacity wheat mill for RC Mission Mill at Keimoes, Northern Cape, SA.
- Built, what is regarded in South Africa as one of the most technically advanced maize mills, of the highest possible standard, for Blinkwater Mills, Stoffberg, Mphumalanga, South Africa. Over the past 22 years, upgraded this plant on 3 separate occasions, making it now the largest single milling unit in South Africa.
- Built a five star flour handling blending and mixing system for Kromdraai Best's Milling, Frankfort, Free State, South Africa. Following the completion of that project, we have completely updated their 'A' and 'B' Mills and attended to all technical upgrading on the site, in every section of the plant.
- Citrusdal Rollermills in the Western Cape, ran for 40 years as an elevator mill and we installed a mill pneumatic conveying system.
- Dismantled, crated and shipped the entire Bokomo Oudtshoorn flour mill, Western Cape South Africa, to Manildra Australia.
- Dismantled and removed milling equipment from a large number of Australian milling sites due to rationalization and relocation of mills from inner city locations to Greenfield site establishments, which is a world wide trend.
- Dismantled and removed the entire milling plant from Bolands Flour Mills in Dublin, Ireland.
Brian Legge is the Founder and Managing Director of Shamrock Milling Systems, with offices based in Pretoria South Africa and a workshop in Johannesburg.
In 2005 he was joined by Alan Legge, who runs the design and drawings office.
They are supported by Civil, Electrical and software engineers.Should you require more information please reach Shamrock Milling Systems by email at firstname.lastname@example.org